Friday, April 11, 2008

fashion fiesta


It's Bigmama's Spring Fashion Fiesta!

So there is a contest my favorite blog is doing and the winner (she will pick a random #) will receive a free blog header design from Jules blog design. So here's what you gotta do....She wants us to post about what is in our closets. What do you wear on a daily basis? What’s your uniform? What piece of clothing can you not live without?

So here it goes, grab a pillow this may put you to sleep....



While being pregnant most of the last 8 years....I usually sported my pajamas until around noon, because I was usually too tired to get dressed or too busy. And because most things did not fit. Seriously I gained 60 lbs. with my first pregnancy. I couldn't even find jeans to fit my thighs at during one part of my pregnancy. Post baby...I was nursing every 2-3 hours and so I was pretty much chained to the house because lets face it, it's just easier to be at home. Because even when I did get dressed in something nice or half way presentable (in case someone actually came over) I would get spit up on, pooped on, or snot wiped on my shouder from one of the kids. Now with being done being pregnant, done nursing, and done with the baby stage....I am loving the jeans. Jeans are my friend again. Jeans that are cute, fit. God is good. Jeans are comfortable again. I have 3 pair that work well right now. Pictured above are a pair from Charlotte Russe, great bargain at $19.99 on sale! The other I picked up at a Gap outlet mall when we were on vacation. Not as cheap...but a great fit. And considering I wear them about 3 times a week, a good bargain. The other pair not pictured came from Savers in CA, remember Savers????? They are in the wash...they are a pair of Lucky Jeans. Love them. And almost forgot the belt. The belt is my favorite accessory. That goes along with every pair of jeans...since I am in-between sizes right now. Making the belt a necessity. But also love the cute belt from Target.

Moving on....

Typically I grab a long sleeve shirt....Because in Indiana it is cold and winter lasts for about 9 months out of the year. Spring is playing tricks on me right now, so I'm trying to move into short sleeve but find myself cold most mornings. If I'm feeling rather bored with the few selections of long sleeve shirts that I have I throw a short sleeve over the top just to spice things up for the kids.

And the sandals....because my feet do believe that it is spring. I have a vast amount of shoes....but these are the ones I wear over and over. Because they are the comfortable ones. I don't even want to picture the shoes I wore everyday all winter long. The winter shoes should be thrown far, far away. Because no one should be wearing them. But in all fairness if you did see me where those brown shoes....they were comfortable. They were slip-ons. They were easy to get on and off when running in and out. They were cheap. So on with the spring/summer selection the basic black flip flops with a thick sole, I wear pretty much all the time with jeans. They are from last summer, picked them up at Target and are super comfortable. The brown shoes came from Savers and are "Born" shoes. I had never heard of them before I saw them at the thrift store....but my friend tells me that they are expensive. Great, well I paid $3.99 for them. Love them for comfort and great with khaki's. The 3rd pair of shoes are also from Savers equally as cheap, and cute. They say spring and mix it up a bit for me.


I love this coat. I can throw this on and feel a little more dressed up, when running to the library or grocery shopping. It also works for church, a date, and everywhere else. Love it.



This is my favorite church outfit right now. The skirt was from Savers, and it super comfortable. It never needs to be ironed, because of the great fabric. The sweater was a gift from a friend, and the shoes were given to me from another friend. Just a fun, cheap outfit. I love that it can be dressed up or dressed down.




Another church selection.....and another skirt from Savers. I love the brand (H & M) however the skirt always has to be ironed, and that is a huge down side for me. But I love the length, and I love the fit. The shirt is shouts spring, and I love white and khaki together.
So there you have it, not that it's terribly exciting I realize. Now what is it you wear everyday????
























6 comments:

Jen said...

You have excellent taste, girl!

Anonymous said...

Heather, when I read that your friend gave you a black shirt and then another friend gave you the shoes, I have to admit, I sighed a little bit, "how many friends give away clothes?" Then I looked at the shoes and realized I was the black shoes friend! How funny! You look great in them! I am so glad you like them.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOve the coat and the black skirt! I enjoyed stopping by your blog. I hope you will come and visit my fashion fiesta!

Anonymous said...

Gotta Love SAVERS!!! I went last Tuesday and didn't get much of a savings with my 10% off coupon, so I will go again this Thursday where I can use my 20% off coupon and try to get some more deals. My sister found a complete American Girl soccer outfit at a thrift store in WI and gave it to Jensen for her birthday - so fun. I haven't really scored on any bargains lately but am always on the prowl. Love Ya!

sherri said...

Hope you win!

You always look great! Enjoyed seeing your wardrobe.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you are the queen of fashion! I love all your clothes! So, whenever you are getting rid of them, I am surely accepting hand-me-downs @ all times!! Love you sister!