Monday, January 3, 2011

13

13 may seem unlucky to some...but to me it's been everything good.  I remember signing papers for my first house purchase on Friday the 13th back in 1996.  Another time I noticed when signing papers for a new car that the date was a Friday the 13th in 1993.  I usually don't pay attention to numbers so much....I'm starting to scare myself.  But anyways....today...is my 13th year of marriage. 



I think what I've learned the most in 13 years of marriage is ~that love is not always a feeling.
It is a choice.  Those early years of dating made marriage looks so easy, and to be honest the first years seemed very story-book like for me.  I was thinking "what's so hard about this??"  It's when the disagreements came~ time and again over the same issues that made loving a huge choice (not a feeling).  Then there came parenting differences.  And let's not forget the money issues.  The #1 cause for divorce. So much to fight about, makes me weary just thinking back over the last 13 years.



 But I am blessed.  I have a man that is just as committed to our marriage and family as I am. 
 I love the time we've had together.  
I love the kids we've made together.
I love how he makes me laugh.  
I love how he connects and makes effort to get to know people. 

 I love when he jumps on board when I want to do another "photo session"  even if at first he hates dislikes the idea.


 And I really love the way he loves our kids.  Working hard all day to come home and work at taking care of them, to give me some time off.







 I'd pick him all over. 
Happy Anniversary Donovan.  I'm looking forward to growing old with you.

6 comments:

Mary said...

We hit 13 in November and I have many dittos to this post. God is such a great match-maker. God bless you and your marriage!

Big D said...

Now this is a post that I can comment on...right back at you sweetie! You rock my world!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DEAR FRIENDS!!!
CAN'T WAIT TO CELEBRATE WITH YOU NEXT YEAR!!! LOVE~B

Jewel said...

Congratulations, Donovan & Heather! Sad, but in this day & age, 13 is a HUGE accomplishment! Keep up the good work on working on your marriage & parenting your 4 beautiful children!

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary! May God bless you both! Here's to many more! =)

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary Heather!!!