Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Baked Oatmeal

My favorite Breakfast dish. 
And actually my kids' favorite.
Although I bake it the night before and warm it up the next morning during the school year.  Well most of the year actually.....let's be honest I'm not a morning person. 
 
Baked Oatmeal
1 c. oil
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 large eggs
6 c. quick oats
1 T. & 1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
2 c. milk
2 Tbs. cinnamon
 
Mix oil, sugar, & eggs, beat with mixer on high speed until yellow and glossy.  Add remaining ingredients and beat until blended.  Pour in greased 9 X 13 pan.  Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes. 
 
**Options: decrease milk by 1/2 cup and add 1 cup pumpkin.  Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
 
Also sometimes I serve this with Cheesecake vanilla sauce.....Which is 3 oz. box of Cheesecake or vanilla flavor instant pudding with 3 1/2 cups of milk.   
 
Easy & delicious.  Enjoy. 

No comments: