Friday, November 27, 2009

2 voices in my head.

When Jack (age 7) realized he was going to have 4 days off of school...he began planning breakfast in bed for me. Don't ask me why....he thought I should have it. I wasn't going to argue...I loved the idea. So on Thanksgiving day while Donovan got up in the wee hours of the morning to work on the new house....hours later I hear someone them get up at the ripe hour of 7:30 and hear all 4 of them messing around in the kitchen. I got up and was instructed to get back into bed. Another awesome idea! Isabella took the role of head chef and instructed the rest of the crew on things to do. Like..."get me the bread, put this in the toaster, get a cup...no not that one a big person one...." Then I heard Isabella tell Suzy to ask me what kind of jelly I wanted on my toast. Pitter patter...here comes Suzy...."Mom, do you prefer grape or strawberry jelly?" I LOVE it! Isabella also "encouraged" cards to be made. This was my favorite part......
If you look close you can see what William (age 5) was thinking....

You can see his sister helped out by labeling his turkey that he drew. I needed just a little help figuring out what he wrote. "it tastes like chicken"
I love it! I wonder how many cards Hallmark made this year that had those same words??? And really how many moms get breakfast in bed on Thanksgiving?



I'm so lucky...to have these people in my life.

Like the rest of you...I am in a coma of turkey related awe. Yummy yummy...to feast on all of the awesome treats of the season. I love the relaxed atmosphere of the holidays. Sitting around and playing cards or looking at old photo albums.

My immediate family was not able to get together this year...my older sister had another small stroke 2 weeks ago and my younger sister had a sick child. That leaves the baby sister that just came home from college for the week. So we went to visit her and happened to stop in at just the right time....for lunch.

I wonder how many of you had egg rolls, sticky rice, curry turkey, ham, and roasted turkey this week?

Lovin' the eggrolls.







Who knew...how much time painted trim took? Well I guess we "did" know this last time we built...but some how we blocked it out of our memory. In between the Thanksgiving feasts we've been spackling the small nail holes, sanding them, caulking, and then taping off the trim getting ready to spray the final coat of paint on the trim. It's a nice look but right now in the midst of it...we are ready to shoot ourselves.

quote of the day:
William: "You know I have two voices? One in my head and one in my mouth and I can hear both of them at the same time."

6 comments:

Jewel said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! What a way to start the day! No I did not have egg rolls or sticky rice w/my meal. But I did have Amish Wedding Stuffing! Yum Yum! Ooh, I see Isabella likes to work on puzzles, me too! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Donovan, & your kiddos!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Loved the sweet thanksgiving breakfast your kids made and how appropriate on Thanksgiving as opposed to Mother's Day...they obviously are thankful for their mama!

Hang in there...soon you will be reaping all that you have sowed while sitting in your beautiful home for Christmas.

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Hey Heather...I haven't left a comment for awhile but I just wanted to let you know that I've been keeping up with reading!! Your new home looks beautiful!

Jamie

Mary said...

Oooh, the house is looking pretty. Love, love, love the breakfast in bed Thanksgiving card.

No sticky rice here...only traditional favorites. I wanted to stir things up but there were too many people to please. :)

RosyRose said...

Love that your kids gave you such sweetness!
Those are keepers!
And I like Mr. William's comment:)
C you in a few hours:)

Holly said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!