Sunday, December 7, 2008

She had to ask, didn't she?

I have absolutely nothing exciting to update you with. I have been either on the couch or in bed almost the entire weekend. I have had the flu. But, I think I am on the up side of this. I really hope so...because really you can only watch so much T.V. I have major cabin fever & I want out of this house. I have been inside for 2 days straight. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be back to feeling better.

I had to share a story/quote of the day....reflecting back to our VERY tragic cat story that I shared on my last post. On Thursday my friend/neighbor's little girl Abigael got off of the bus here at our house. Abigael needed a sitter for about an hour until her parents got off of work. So Isabella, Jack, and Abigael are walking up the drive from getting off of the bus. All of a sudden Abigael notices blood sprayed all over our driveway (what had frozen to the ground)

Abigael asks Isabella, "What is THAT??"
Isabella- "NOTHING!"
Jack responds: "Oh that's blood. My mom ran over our cat the other day. Blood squirted all over the place, it flopped up and down in the air, and then it died. It was really gross!"
Isabella rolls her eyes.
Mama sighs.
What can I say? He is all boy.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

That is too cute, truly a boy comment. Hope you are feeling better!!!! It is so hard to be in too many days in a row, isn't it?

Amber said...

wow - what a boy.

The live nativity is officially over and done with this year - it was just this weekend. I'll post a few pictures once I find my camera cord! It was very cool and kids LOVE it! Cooper did awesome as baby Jesus - we didn't have to bring in the doll replacement once tonight!

And I'd like mom to post about the cat situation at the Bontrager house back in the day... see if she tells you the real story...

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better! Leave it to Jack to just put it all out there. One of his cute little personality traits!

Anonymous said...

Missed you yesterday! We talked about you at lunch...well, talked about missing you that is! We were not sure what happened to your lovely family, but decided (after confering with J.B's and Uncle Larry's) that Donovan is not a safe driver on snow (or on any dry surface for that matter) and so for the safety of your family, you decided to stay put at home, thus forfeiting the long (9 minute) trek to church. Sorry to hear we were wrong! And a note to Jack...what a little heart breaker in those new specks!

Jen Bontrager said...

Missed seeing you at church. Hopefully be able to make it to Lanae's on Thursday. Maybe we could carpool.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better by now! Willy & I are still sniffling around here and he's actually losing his voice! Thank goodness I still have mine so I can take care of things around here!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Abigael was pretty traumatized when I picked her up...she still points out the blood when we drive by...