Monday, March 16, 2009

Not exactly livin' the dream...

You know your child is sick when they go and lay down all by themself.
We have had sickness in our house for over a week now and quite honestly it's getting kinda old. A week and 1/2 ago Isabella had sore throat and fever, so I took her into the Dr. and she tested positive for strep. She got on a free antibiotic (thanks Meijer!) Two days later Jack started with the same symptoms. Thank you again to Meijer for the free antibiotic! Wednesday last week (3 days after Jack) William had the same things different day. Thank you to Meijer...again. And Suzy surprised us with getting a sinus infection. And me well I got the strep with a side of fever one day after William. So count them...5 antibiotics for this family of 6. With some kind of luck Donovan escaped the fun.


Isabella and Jack had finished their antibiotics and seemed like they were well over the last 5 days...until this morning. Jack woke up this morning at 3 a.m. with fever, headache, and cough. So Donovan got him set up on medication and a floor nest by our bed....and then 1 hour later had to get up to leave for Chicago where he is flying out of for a business meeting. For 3 days. OH joy. I then got up about 6:45 to get Isabella ready for school who I promptly put back to bed because she was running a fever and had dizzy spells with a headache...I guess just for fun. The worst part was I had babysitting lined up today so that I could meet this sweet friend for lunch & then shopping at the outlet mall. So cancel cancel cancel. What a bummer. Does this seem like a whining session? Yep. Sure enough it is.

But I remain thankful about these things:

*Donovan will only be gone 2 nights.
*The sun is shinning and it is beautiful outside.
*A friend gave me a ton of clothes to look through that she was going to take to the resale. Perfect sizes for 2 of my children and just the right things I needed for our spring break vacation. So really it's like a garage sale right in the convience of my own home.
*No one is throwing up.
*This weekend is our churches woman's retreat, complete with massages. It couldn't be coming at a better time!


Quote of the day:

On the way home from Goshen last week the kids begged to watch a movie.

Donovan: "No, you don't need to watch a movie. You've had enough screen time today."

William: "No fair. We never get to watch a movie in the van"

Donovan: "You know when I was a kid we didn't have DVD's, or CD's. We didn't watch movies let alone in a car. We didn't have a TV and we barely had a radio."
William: "Did you even have a house?"

5 comments:

Beth said...

I completely feel your pain on the sickness. We have had something wierd going around here. Running high fevers and headaches along with body aches and all you want to do is sleep. It then turns into a wonderful sinus/bronchial thing. Good thing.... what ever it is, it isn't bacterial so don't have to go the antibiotic route. Bad thing..... It takes FOREVER to get over,I'm going on week 4 and still can't do much without becoming exhausted. Hope you all feel better soon! I'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Salud, amiga! Hope the health comes back soon. Isn't the sun shining?

sherri said...

Hope you can get some sunshine time in today. It does the body good. :)

Soon you'll be soaking it all up on the beach...what a dream!

Hope you can still have your special breakfast today. Let's reschedule that lunch date sometime soon. Love ya.

Stacey said...

Sorry to hear you guys have had the sickies! Now that it is getting warmer, the germies will go away! (I hope!)

Unknown said...

Beth...sounds like we had the same thing. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for your prayers. I feel them.

Krista..the sun is shinning and I love it!!

Sherri....Yes, I did have to cancel my breakfast I was going to host this morning. Bummer. But we did have a good day. When you get back from Florida maybe we can set a date for lunch again. :)

Stacey...thanks!! :)